Friday 15 October 2010

Researching different fonts

For my magazine I wanted to research the different types of fonts used in magazines and which ones seem to be the most popular.
Magazines such as ‘Source’ use a large black font which is bold allowing it to be easy to read as well as stand out on the page. It’s conveyed to be quite ‘tough’ and ‘strong’ which also links into the models on the page which are always boys who try to also portray a ‘tough’ image.
 Another magazine such as ‘vibe’ used bold capital letters when portraying their name on their magazine. However it is not always in one specific colours and ranges from yellow, white, black and red. The model is almost always overlapping the text but because the font is big, it stills stands out from behind the model.
As the magazine ‘Q’ only contains one letter it is quite easy because you can put that letter as big as you want. It is surrounded by a box containing a red background, which allows us to see that it is the masthead of the magazine. The font is quite skinny but its still allows it to stand out to the readers.
I have decided to analyse a set of fonts so that my font will have the same effect as other magazines as well as allowing it to appeal to the readers.
As I already know the title of my magazine it will make it easier as it means I can test the different fonts with the name of my magazine which will allow me to see which one would suit it better.
I will show a variety of different fonts and then I can explain why I would choose the font or not.
  
To create these fonts I used dafont website to search for the best font for my music magazine. I searched through all of the fonts to explore the different types of fonts that had been created. I know which sort of fonts are used due to research on R&B magazines but I have incorporated other fonts just to show the reasons in which i would not use them and why they would not be used on other R&B magazines.

fonts

No comments:

Post a Comment